La visibilità dei pacchetti unificati migliora l'efficienza dell’IT
- Existing network packet brokers not meeting needs for monitoring and security initiatives
- Unable to perform packet de-duplication
- Poor customer support from vendor
- nGenius® 5010 Packet Flow Switch
- Packet Flow eXtender (PFX) software
- nGeniusONE® service assurance platform and nGenius for Flows
- InfiniStream® appliances and Flow Collectors
- Scalable, feature-rich packet flow switch capabilities that exceeded expectations
- Reduced costs, management & technology complexity with single vendor for visibility & service assurance solutions
- Superior customer service improves IT staff collaboration and productivity
This U.S. Financial Services Company focuses on offering a broad set of leasing and financing options for vehicles, payment protection, and insurance products. More than 3.000 employees across multiple regional offices, customer service centers, and sales and service branch offices are dedicated to supporting tens of thousands of customers every day. With managed assets in excess of $100 billion, their enterprise network is critical in supporting customer sales and services throughout the U.S.
The Financial Services Company had selected the nGeniusONE service assurance platform and InfiniStream appliances to address quality and performance issues impacting their unified communications services at their distributed contact centers. As the IT team was implementing the equipment, they encountered several issues with the network traffic being forwarded by their third-party vendor’s packet brokers to the InfiniStream appliances.
Trying to resolve the issues related to packet de-duplication became next to impossible due to product inefficiencies combined with poor customer support and insufficient knowledge from the equipment vendor. Recognizing that NETSCOUT® offered a broad selection of packet flow switch solutions, the IT staff accelerated their schedule for a technology refresh to meet their visibility needs.
Solution in Action
With the goal to upgrade and enhance their network traffic visibility for their service assurance needs in the contact centers, the Financial Services Company chose the software-based nGenius Packet Flow System (PFS), consisting of nGenius 5010 series packet flow switches in combination with Packet Flow eXtender (PFX) software. For several reasons, this was a superior choice to the existing implementation. The nGenius PFS solution:
- Met or exceeded all performance benchmarks when it came to aggregation, replication, and load balancing
- Performed de-duplication as promised, which in turn enhanced the accuracy of the monitoring tools
- Offered a unique Service Port feature that leveraged SPAN port traffic feeding the nGenius packet flow switch and, based on a configuration design, sent just the right traffic to the right tool at the right time. Changes to a Service Port only apply to that monitoring tool; thus, IT stakeholders from voice, network, and security were able to easily optimize the data stream necessary for their needs.
- Delivered NetFlow generation capability using the PFX software, which reduced the workload on their Cisco routers
IT productivity and collaboration are major benefits accompanying the introduction of NETSCOUT’s nGenius packet flow system. This Financial Services Company is meeting their objectives for operating its service assurance and security initiatives with ease now that they have a properly functioning visibility infrastructure in place to feed the right traffic to the right tool at the right time. They are realizing improved IT productivity from the ease of configuration and operation for all members of the team. And collaboration between voice, network, and security has been enhanced with ability to optimize the traffic for each of their tool’s needs.
The Company is extending the value of their investments in both Cisco routers and nGenius packet flow switches by reducing the workload of their routers with the NetFlow capabilities of the PFX software. Further, managing fewer vendors saves the company – first in IT productivity by reducing vendor finger pointing when troubleshooting interoperability issues; and second in procurement productivity by having fewer vendors to maintain and support. Time and cost savings in product training, annual maintenance, and periodic product upgrades are all added benefits.
In the end, the customer has expressed one of the biggest benefits is that they have found a true partner in NETSCOUT, with prompt, efficient, and knowledgeable customer service and support. In a crisis, this support is invaluable!